Sending A2 size poster printing order out to an offset printing shop does require the individual colour to be separated in the file which can be done by your designer. Very important that the designer understand what process is utilized to print the final design beforehand.
At the offset printing factory, make booking for printing time on the press. Then, a press worker / operator runs the printing press and provides print quality control, so turnaround time is longer.
They will create 4 metal plates with 4 colours, to mix and match to form all the colour of your A2 poster. Check for colour, design, pagination and copy accuracy to keep the job on time.
How to know if I need A2 digital printing service or A2 offset printing?
Does your A2 poster printing meet these criteria?
- Longer turnaround (somewhere between 6-15 business days, but generally assume 10 business days)
- Pre-press work needed (colour correction etc.)
- Larger quantity (greater than 1,000 pieces, however with more complex pieces smaller quantities may also be more cost effective with offset)
- Design is a standard or a non-standard size with or without bleeds
- Standard or specialty paper stock required
- Design is black, full colour or includes a special spot colour
- Specialty coatings required (varnishes or UV coating)
- Specialty bindery required (could include unusual folds, die-cuts, booklet binding etc.)
- Hard proofs and proofing time required (if highly accurate colour or pagination is critical)
- Higher quality required